The Pemberton Arts Council (PAC) is looking for an innovative and passionate Executive Director to lead our organization, generate awareness of, and improve access to arts and culture in Pemberton. The successful candidate will combine their creativity and proven leadership skills with the ability to lead and collaborate on a community level to drive the strategic direction of PAC.
Working in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is the organization’s leader, developing and executing the creative, strategic and operational initiatives of PAC.
The Executive Director role is a part-time paid position, at approximately 20 hours per week with the opportunity of becoming full-time.
Position: Executive Director
Reporting to: Pemberton Arts Council Board of Directors
Term: Contract, part-time (with potential for full time)
Location: Pemberton, British Columbia
Start Date: Immediately
Leadership & Management:
- Actively engages and elevates community partners, volunteers, board members, and funders
- Drives PAC’s strategic plan by delivering program excellence, through effective management of staff resources, financial resources and community resources
- Leads, coaches and develops PAC’s volunteers
- Oversees the management of the Pemberton Arts Council assets
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expands revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and ongoing program expansion
- Strengthens and supports all aspects of communications, marketing and brand reputation
- Builds relationships to create and capitalize on new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
- Creates, in collaboration with the board, a strategic plan that will continue to support arts in Pemberton and will drive the overall vision of PAC
- Builds local and regional partnerships that promote the mandate of PAC and the success of local artists
- Enhances existing programs and supports the creation of new programs with the goal of promoting arts and cultural in Pemberton.
The successful candidate needs to have a proven passion for grassroots arts and culture, a bold, creative, and collaborative leadership style, the ability to build strong, positive relationships and become an integral member of the Pemberton community. Concrete experience and other qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of management experience (ideally in arts, culture, creative sector)
- Experience working with a non-profit organization and a board of directors
- Experience working in conjunction with local, provincial and/or federal governments
- Excellence in organizational management with a demonstrated ability to coach and empower others, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve objectives
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and develop and recruit new members
- Strong marketing, public relations, and communications with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of graphic design, social media engagement strategies and website management
- Must be able to use G-Suite (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive) and be overall very computer literate and tech savvy
- Must have past fundraising experience including proven ability to write successful grant proposals, and develop and maintain sponsor partnerships
- Proven ability to create, nurture, collaborate and sustain successful relationships with a diverse group of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Effective creative problem solver, ability to resolve conflict with diplomacy
- An entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Knowledge of Pemberton and its arts sector is an asset
Applicants are requested to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.